Saturday, February 16, 2008

Catching up

Good Morning Tea Party goers. Thought you had me figured out out with a Monday-Friday schedule with the weekends off. But oh-ho no! I switched things up on you.
Actually, no, I was just lazy the last two days as I took it off work and had to spend some time with my new Xbox 360.
So, to make up for the lack of posts, there will be posts today and tomorrow instead. Look for last weeks Idiot of the week to follow today.
The first thing that I want to talk about has a slant more toward an old flame of mine. The theater. This week in the New York Times there was a review on "The Slug Bearers of Kayrol Island." It truly makes me sad that I am not in New York to be able to witness this. This beautiful work of stage incorporates a backdrop of hand-drawn sets projected onto a white screen. I really can't do it justice. Check it out for yourself.
In the realm of performance arts, I'm sure that you have all heard of the unfortunate passage of Heath Ledger. What you may not have heard is the outcome of a movie that he had been working on before his passing. It's called "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus". It appears that three top actors will be paying a tribute to the actor in this movie. It seems that Ledger's character falls through magical mirrors, and they have adapted the movie to have these actor's portray Ledger's character in these different worlds. And they did get quite the talent.
Also, if you like Batman at all, you have to follow this link. Just trust me, go and watch the video. It's gorgeous.
On a more technical note, all hail BitTorrent who has taken another step toward keeping the ability to transmit information freely something we can all have. It appears they have created a new form of encryption that would allow it to bypass the blocks that have recently been placed by Comcast and other ISP's that hinder Torrent.
And finally for today, a bit of a funny. We all remember Calvin's amazing idea to draw eyeballs on ping pong balls to place over your eyes so you can sleep in class? Looks like someone decided they had to perfect his idea.

No comments: