Sunday, January 27, 2008

The state of the theater

When the hell did politics become such a stage show? I mean REALLY PEOPLE! What the hell is this? I know, old news, but I have a lot of blogging to catch up with.
Now first off, I don't want anyone to think that I am targeting Hilary or any of the candidates specifically. This was just the easiest incident to focus on. First off, I'd like to say that I've been in theater since middle school... and I've seen middle schoolers with more convincing performances. And it doesn't stop there.
You want to know why so many people are apathetic when it comes to politics? Because it never matters. Now, I'm sure that someone is going to want to throw out some statistic about some election that was SO CLOSE. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the fact that no matter who we get in the office, it's all crap. Why do I say that? Everyone remember how grading worked in school? Let me give you a refresher course. An A was usually the 100-90 range. A B was between 89 and 80. C's, and let me stress here AVERAGE, was awarded to those who received a 79-70. Those needing improvement, garnering a D, fell between 69 and 60. And what was 59 and below. FAILURE. Now, a C was considered a passing grade, barely, in most schools. Some allowed to eek by with a D, but we'll ignore those for now, because they are the reason American is so poorly educated... and this is not an education blog. So, with that in mind, who was our LAST passing president? That statistic is popular opinion. That is, the number of people in the States that actually think the President is moving us in the right direction. Most of them are falling in the below average range and many fail miserably. Not sure you trust what your fellow Americans believe is the right direction for our country? Well how about checking the historical rankings? Using the same scale as school again, those who have a ranking of 70% would have to have an average ranking, on a scale of 1-42, of 12.6 or better. When was the last time we had one of those?
So, who do I blame? Not the politicians, the voters. Your apathy put the people into power in such away as to collectively bend the country over, grease our ass, and ask for more. Get off you lazy ass and do something about it! That is not just your right but your responsibility as an American. Or perhaps you have already reserved yourself to a different future? God I hope not. And if you have, let me be your Spider.

One last thing people, remember this, when our country was founded is was "For the people, by the people." The PEOPLE are supposed to have the power. So next time YOUR politician is getting a failing grade, let's not reward them by pushing them on through to the next level. Let's put someone in office who will really work for that A.

No comments: