Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Prop-ped up

So, I'm new to this blog thing, relatively. Two months now or something like that. It's fun and interesting. I try to not judge anyone in what they decide to do with theirs. Whether news, rants, or personal journal, it's a very creative way to be caught up with the 21st century. However, while I should have seen it coming a mile a way, I guess part of me just hoped that it wouldn't ever get to this. It would appear that the military has been looking to recruit bloggers for propaganda.
Whoa.... that's crazy.
Dictionary.com defines propaganda thusly...
1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.

I've never really had an easy time looking at propaganda as anything other than a fairly bad act. Definitely not one I'd personally want to be associated with.

No comments: