Thursday, March 13, 2008

Eye know eye want one

I know, I know. I am late posting for yesterday. Life things happen sometimes. However, if things go right, I should be able to have multiple posts today.

First on todays agenda, though, time to go back to the future! No, they aren't making another movie in the wake of all the other movies from the 80's trying to make a profit off a sudden, late, 4th installment. Nope, the future, my friends, is now.
There are two items I discovered yesterday in my march through massive information intake that caught my attention for this post. Kevin Warwick, a cybernetics professor at the University of Reading, has wired the nerves from his forearm into a computer and was able to make a cybernetic arm across the country respond in the the same manner as he moved his arm. Now granted, this news is somewhat old in that it was 2002 when this experiment took place, but read the article. Warwick is nothing if not dedicated to his idea to march us right into the cybernetic age. I don't know what sort of advancements this man has made, but I know I'll be keeping my eyes open for his next upgrade.

And speaking of upgrades, this is what I'm talking about! An eye. A freaking cybernetic eye! Where does the line start?

No comments: